January 19, 2016

Good Day - Happy Little Things

Today was simply a good day.  Why exactly? Well, there are several reasons.  I believe it stemmed from being so happy last night. Thinking about the future and plans that seem so realistic is what really gets me going down the road to happy.  Last night I was thinking about this summer and the things I want to do, plans I want to make, etc.  I get really excited when I plan something out.  I don't know why I do, its probably just something weird about me.  Most people don't really think planning is fun, or they dread doing it, but I really enjoy it.  It makes me feel like I'm getting things done, I'm organizing things, putting them in order, and taking control.  Of course there's a million other things I need to do before anything fun happens, but sometimes its nice to push those to the back burner, even just for a few hours.

It is also interesting how thinking about the future can make us so happy.  Usually we are at our happiest when there is something exciting about to happen.  Unfortunately, exciting things are not always happening, and sometimes we are left to find our happiness elsewhere. I would say its still important to find something to look forward to and be happy about though. Every day. Even the littlest of things can be turned into something happy if we let it.

One of my happy little things today was this adorable mug I found! I'm currently drinking tea out of it.


Have a happy evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment