October 22, 2015

The Social Unicorn

There's something I've learned from being at college.  You might say "well, that's why you're there, to learn, right?" Yes, that is true.  But I mean more on the social aspect than the book learning.  Honestly, getting used to the people at college has been the biggest adjustment for me.  Once I came here I was swept away by how many new kinds of people there were.  Everybody here is different.  I know this probably doesn't seem like news to anybody, but to me its very new.  There are so many different kinds of people, types of people I didn't even know could or would actually exist. They're like a social unicorn: I've heard about their existence, but before now it all seemed like a myth or something impossible. But now that I've met this social unicorn I am amazed.


No comments:

Post a Comment