October 15, 2015

Grounded in Friendship

Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough. Not good enough for my own standards, mainly (I know I tend to be my own worst critic). But then I am reminded by my friends and those that I love that I am always enough for them. Even when I'm under the impression that I can't accomplish whatever task is before me, I can fall back on the realization that these are people who will never leave me if I fail. Their love and their friendship to me does not rely on how well I perform, the kinds of grades I get, or the way I carry myself through life's adversities. Their connection to me is not that superficial, but so much deeper.

So despite feeling inadequate at times, I can (and I hope others of you can relate) rest assured that I have at least accomplished one very important thing: finding wonderful people who see more potential in me than I sometimes see in myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment